Sunday, September 8, 2013

How I Use My Clarisonic Mia2

I was recommended a Clarisonic by a Sephora sales associate when I told her one of my big skin concerns was uneven skin texture. I do want to say that I have oily skin in the summer and normal to dry skin in the winter with some dry patches all year round when my skin just feels like pissing me off. I also have fairly non-reactive skin. By that I mean, that I cannot remember a time when a product - makeup or skincare - has broken me out or clogged my pores any more than they normally are (which is pretty clogged to begin with). I'm lucky with my skin in that way. I know a lot of people have very sensitive skin, but I have resilient skin that will let me do just about anything to it. I didn't even get the typical "purging" breakouts that one is supposed to get when starting to use a Clarisonic. I tell you this because many people cannot tolerate regular use of a one. So I would not recommend a Clarisonic for people with sensitive skin, nor would I for people with active breakouts. This, I feel, will just irritate the skin more than it already is and probably cause redness and possibly more acne. I am not trying to tell you to buy one, I'm just saying what works for me based on my skin.

That being said, I do use my Clarisonic twice a day. I've gotten to the point where my face doesn't feel clean without having used it. That being said, I can't really say the texture of my skin has dramatically improved, but I also tend to use my Clarisonic in fits and starts. I do use the delicate brush head because when I use it, I use it twice a day. I feel that any "stronger" bristles would be too much, even for my skin. Oh, and I have the Mia2 model. It has 2 speed settings (I really can't tell the difference between them) and a timer that tells you how long to scrub each part of your face. I like that feature, because I'm too lazy to count.

So in the morning I use my Mia2 with the Algenist Gentle Rejuvenating Cleanser to get my skin as smooth as possible for makeup application. Holy Crap I love this stuff. No other cleanser, even when used without the Clarisonic, has ever left my skin so soft. If I'm taking a shower that morning I will do one 1 minute cycle on my face and another 1 minute cycle on my neck, chest and shoulders.

At night I use my Mia2 after I oil cleanse to really get the rest of the dirt and makeup off from the day. This time I use the Michael Todd True Organics Honey and Oat Cleanser because it's a gel formula and I feel that that formulation of cleanser gives you a bit deeper of a clean, which I want at night.

And that is about it. Nothing fancy, just cream cleanser in the morning and gel cleanser at night. Didn't need that big long post now, did I?

No comments:

Post a Comment