Tuesday, September 17, 2013

My Foundation "Collection"

I don't have a foundation "collection" as it were, but I've got two foundations that work for me at various times during the year.

Revlon Colorstay Whipped Cream Foundation
I like using this in the summer because it stays put through nasty heat and humidity. In fact, it looks better after a few hours of wear than when you first put it on. For me, Nude 220 is a good summer match. I was happy to find a drugstore foundation with pink undertones as most are to yellow for me. I use this when I want a full coverage "flawless" face look. It's a pretty heavy foundation, so I make sure to remove it thoroughly at night. One downfall of this product is the tub packaging. As I use this, I try not to think about how unsanitary it is to be sticking my fingers in there... I apply this with a Beauty Blender to sheer it out a bit and spray Urban Decay DeSlick setting spray before applying it and after setting it with the Tarte Smooth Operator loose powder. Overall, I really like this for days when I'm going to be wearing makeup for a while and need something pretty sweat-proof.

Urban Decay Naked Skin
I loooove how much this foundation looks like skin, but it's a little too glowy for me to wear all day in the summer. This is unfortunate as the color I have (3.5) is a perfect summer match for me and the next cool toned shade is 0.5. I think I have to get the lighter one and mix the two. What's nice about this foundation when you're trying to find a shade match is that colors ending in .0 are warm toned and ones ending in .5 are cool toned. Also, it comes in a pump! Anyway, I can get light to medium coverage with this, even using a Beauty Blender. It is for days when my skin is looking pretty good, though. I can get up to about 5 hours of wear and then my oiliness starts breaking through the makeup. Not cute. I am looking forward to getting a lighter shade and trying this in winter to see how it works when my skin is more normal to dry. I also use the DeSlick setting spray and Tarte powder with this foundation.

So that's pretty much it. Any recommendations of foundations I should try?


No comments:

Post a Comment