Sunday, September 8, 2013

Rave Review for Bite Beauty Creme Lipstick

I went into Sephora the other day to pick up the Algenist Gentle Rejuvenating Cleanser (mini review here). At checkout, the sales associate informed me that I had qualified for the VIB Rouge status of their revamped rewards program. Yup, that means what you think it means. I've spent over $1,000 at Sephora in a calendar year. I'm not proud of it, but I'm moderately excited about the perks that come with it: free shipping on any order, free makeovers anytime (with an appointment), sexy red VIB Rouge card and a tiny Bite Beauty Creme Lipstick.

They say the color is a VIB Rouge exclusive and that only such members can buy it. That's kind of cool. It's a pretty standard red color with some pink in it, but the formula is what is out of this world. First, it goes on creamy and feels luxuriously soft on the lips. I put it on at the beginning of an 8 hour shift at work and proceeded to eat my dinner, drink (water, you silly) and talk all shift long. One would expect such a creamy lipstick to come of within an hour or so, but when I got home and looked in the mirror, the color was still vibrant albeit dried down from it's original slight glossiness. I had to remove it with makeup remover. I. Am. Impressed. These lipsticks may or may not cost $28 each....but I want ALL of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment