Tuesday, September 10, 2013

My Eye Shadow Collection and Organization

So I don't have as many eye shadows as some beauty bloggers or YouTubers, but I do have more than enough to last me a lifetime. Also, I've figured out pretty much what I like to wear and what I don't, so my collection consists of mostly things I would use at one time or another throughout any given year.

Now probably 99% of my collection is depotted, meaning I have removed it from it's original packaging. Once I have just the pan of eye shadow remaining, I stick a thin magnet to the back and put it into one of three of the new style MAC pro palettes that don't have an insert in them and have a clear lid. I like these because they feel sturdier to me than a Z Palette, but I can still put pans of all shapes and sizes in them and arrange them however I desire. I have one palette for cool colored eye shadows, one for warm colors and one for matte shadows that are either warm or cool. The reason I separated the mattes out is that I cannot stand when glittery bits get into my matte shadows. Completely defeats the purpose. I try to avoid this entirely by segregating my mattes from my shimmery and glittery, even just satin eye shadows. The only shadows not one of the three MAC pro palettes are my one MAC eye shadow (in the shade Sketch) which sits alone in my MAC quad waiting for 3 more friends, as well as my Guerlain Coup de Foudre shadow quad from Spring '13 (the packaging on this one is just too pretty to destroy) and some individual shadows I list below.

My eye shadows have come from various and sundry sources. Here's a list of brands/palettes they have come from:

  • Urban Decay Naked palette
  • Urban Decay Naked 2 palette
  • Urban decay Naked Basics palette (so I like neutrals...)
  • Lorac Mint Edition palette (was available in spring '13 and came with a blush and a higlighter)
  • Mary Kay individual shadows
  • Bare Minerals The Next Big Thing Quad
  • Revlon Colorstay quads in Sea Mist and Siren
  • the yellow and red shades from the Kat Von D Starstuck quad (discontinued if I am not mistaken, I didn't hold on to the bronzey shadows because the UD palettes provide all the bronze I'll ever need in this life or the next)
  • Wet 'n Wild palettes including Comfort Zone and others I can't remember, but I'm not too worried about remembering
  • a few (4?) shadows from a Stila palette that had a cream product in it as well (can't remember the name of it as I got it in a swap and started depotting it almost immediately)
I also have individually potted shadows:
  • MAC pigment in Tan
  • L'Oreal Infallible Eye Shadow in Amber Rush and Endless Sea
  • Maybelline 24 Hour Color Tattoo in Inked in Pink, Barely Branded and Bad to the Bronze
Here's my eye shadow collection. If you have questions on the origin of an certain eye shadow, I will do my best to identify it.

                                                      










No comments:

Post a Comment