Tuesday, September 3, 2013

What's going on with my skincare?

I wish I could share with you all a wonderful, cohesive skincare regimen that I know works for me. However, I tend to be a product junkie and try out new things all the time. This is fun until you run out of money and/or are left with a million half empty bottles of product you're not crazy about. I'm there right now - low on cash with tons of stuff that needs used up.

I've decided to implement a strict 1 out 1 in policy when it comes to my skincare. Although there are products and skincare lines I'm dying to try (namely, Michael Todd True Organics), I'm not going to allow myself to buy any new products until I use up one of the same type of product. For example, I'm running low on the cleanser I use with my Clarisonic Mia2. When that's finished, I'll be free to buy another cleanser to use for that purpose; no buying a fun serum or mask or anything, just replacing what I need.

This makes me feel good for a number of reasons. First, I'm not wasting money I already spent by throwing away product. I'm using up every last drop. Second, my wallet will be happy that I'm not buying the entire Michael Todd line with one paycheck. Third, it is so darn satisfying to finish up a product and recycle the bottle. Anyone else feel me on that?

This is a lesson in patience for me. Help me be strong!

No comments:

Post a Comment